Friday, August 1, 2008

Muffin variation #1: Berry Almond

Remember to have all ingredients at room temperature!

Now since I'm an amateur, I don't know why this recipe doesn't utilize the muffin method. It did seem to work, though. Next time I make them I'll use the muffin method and let you know if it makes a difference.

Berry Almond Muffins:

1 egg
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup all-purpose flour (I used unbleached)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Handful dried mixed berries (about 1/2 cup)
Handful chopped almonds (about 1/2 cup)

1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffins cups.
2. Beat egg; stir in milk, oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
3. Fold in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (I pre-mixed the dry ingredients). Fold in berries and almonds.
4. Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake until golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes in pan, then cool on a rack. Good with butter.

Note: I don't have the normal 12 muffin cup pan. I use the six jumbo muffin pan. I love it!

No comments: