- 18 jumbo pasta shells (you can also substitute manicotti shells)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part skim Ricotta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach chopped, thawed, and drained and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 3/4 cup half and half (divided)
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 28 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
Preheat oven to 350, cook pasta according to directions, drain, then drizzle with Olive oil so the shells don't stick.
Mix ricotta, spinach, 1&1/2 cups of Italian cheese, 1/4 cup of Parmesan, and 1/4 cup of half and half. Press in garlic and seasonings. Mix well. In another bowl whisk the rest of spaghetti sauce with remaining half and half. Pour some of sauce mix on bottom of cooking pan. Fill each shell with ricotta mixture (one scoop) I usually use my cookie dropper. Arrange filled shells in baking pan. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce. Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil, top dish with remaining 1/2 cup of Italian cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 5 min. Let cool for 10 min. before serving.
I'm sorry to say I forgot to take pictures so you'll have to make do with a photoless post.